WAYY TMI!!

Do women actually poop while giving birth to their babies?
If so, how do you prevent that from happening??
I'll have my family there and wouldnt want to shoo them away! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Girl you will be so focused on getting that beautiful baby out, pooping would be the last thing on your mind, Trust me. That was one of my fears also but after I started pushing I didn't care if half a pound came out I was just thinking ...PUSH!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have heard that you can do an enema right before, I guess that would be as soon as you go into labor and before you decide to go to the hospital. I dunno, I had c sections with all of mine.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes you can poop. Theres really nothing you can do your pushing so hard that let me tell you i did'nt know until my hubby told me. The doctor just wipes it away and you finish having your child. Seriouly don't worry about it it really is no big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I asked my doula the other day the same thing and she said the doctors everyone around honestly think nothing of it. So don't sweat that at all just focus on a healthy delivery!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Lol yeah its true...My sister in law did....It really wasn't even a big deal...if poop will shoo them away...they probably just shouldn't be in the room when your having your baby lol. thats so much worse than pooping...NOT that it's a bad thing lol. It wasn't bad for me...but i can handle a lot of things...yes of course everyone says it's so beautiful and all that...and of course it is...but there is a lot of blood and mess involved also lol. trust me poop will be the least of ur concern when the time comes...promise...you won't even know if you do...and i'm sure ur family wouldn't tell u...OR they might lol. you cant prevent it. when you push your pushing like ur pooping...thats what they tell you...push down like u were having a bowel movement...so if u have to poop...u will...just poop before u go to the hospital lol
    HerMom22

Answer by HerMom22 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I didn't because I was throwing up & on the toliet during labor. If you go before you leave home, you probably won't have an issue. My friend did however, she was embarrassed but they said it happens all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I did and didn't know it. You'd think youd be embarassed but its like they said, your just concentrating on getting the baby out of you, you dont care what happens! Theres no way to prevent it
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was really scared about doing that too, my friend told me that she did while giving birth to her second so when I went into the hospital I didn't eat anything that normally clears me out (like an apple) just a half a sandwich, I was in labor 24 hours and had nothing to eat after that first sandwich I guess thats how I avoided it... but you can't really go around not eating because you think you might poop during labor , seriously don't worry about it that will be the last thing on your mind when the time comes!
    lucysmom19

Answer by lucysmom19 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There's nothing you can do about it. The baby's head when she is delivering will put pressure on your bowel. I think I poo'd with every push when I was in delivery. No one makes fun of you, and they don't care, because they know it happens. My OB just wiped it off as it came out. Yes, embarrassing, BUT you're not gonna give a care, because you'll be pushing out your baby and will just want the baby out whether or not you poo.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes...and it's very common. Don't worry about it...the doctors and nurses have seen it all. In fact they encourage you to push as though you are constipated and are trying to get the baby out. I pushed about 3-4 times with my first son...had a bowel movement and he came right on out. My husband still teases me about it to this day. lol
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2009