Gaining weight healthly?

Ever since I was young I have always been a very thin person and I have always been picked on and made fun of it. I just want to gain a few healthy pounds. What can I do without putting my self in a health risk like taking bulk pills or shakes or something? I just want to fit into my clothes and look womanly and sexy not like a twig.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've never had your problem (how awful!). I'm just kidding. My best friend had this same problem, and was very distraught by it for years. She always just wanted to look healthy. I'll tell you what she did, but it's not the healthiest manuver ever. She ate McDonalds at least once a day for several months. She gained about 20 pounds, and is now to the weight she wants, so she's gone back to eating healthier. She still eats McDonalds at least once or twice a week. Again, it's not the healthiest idea ever, but it worked for her. Once she put on the weight, she's been able to keep it. She likes her new figure (although I still laugh at her when she talks about her "fat roll"). She went from having to have 00 altered to a size 3/4. She does look good! Good luck to you!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The previous answer was perfetly fine I think. All the celebrities cut back on their work out schedules (you don't want to eliminate working out all together) and just consume more calories. Heck, if it works for them, it'll work for you!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well, when I was 22 something tragic happened in my life and Iost about 25lbs from depression. I gained it back by drinking a slim fast WITH my meals and switching to whole milk. It's healthy, an extra couple hundred ca
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• calories with tons of vitamins. Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Hi...have you ever tried to do any weight lifting? I think that it would help you tone up and give you some shape and curves. Good Luck
    Patricia777201

Answer by Patricia777201 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2009