• In the Spotlight:

What would you think?

You reach for your husbands cell phone to get a phone number for him. You see a his tex message archive. You hit it then you a message appear from a female that says" I miss you very much" his response " as do I."
After questioning him on it I was told she was a former co- worker her recently got laid off and is need of emotional support. So what do you think is going on ladies?

ceciandrew

Asked by ceciandrew at 6:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I think she misses him.... and he misses her because that's what it says in plain writing.
    Whether she worked with him, I don't know,
    I'd ask for her name, and I'd prolly call her and ask her in what way does she miss him. I wouldn't wait and think on it because it gives them time to get their stories straight.
    And I'd go in and look at the phone records and see how often they've been talking/texting.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm with lisa ann on that one, but it may be something innocent. You will never know unless you ask in a respectable way. My mom always told me to watch and listen, but I wouldn't wait because like lisa said that would give them time to get their stories straight. That's your husband and if you trust him and know that he wouldn't cross the line then leave it alone, but if your intuition tells you its something more than that then go to the source, and that's the woman.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't know. Some men just aren't the type to cheat. Mine isn't. But then, he wouldn't be telling another woman that he misses her.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would be so freaked out. I think I would be so hurt I dont even know what I would do. OMG good luck.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If it were my husband, I would believe what he said, because he is a trustworthy man. I don't know your husband so I don't know whether he is trustworthy or not.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i also agree with lisa ann, check to see how many times they talk or text ( hopefuly before he erases the log and u have to search more ) and write her # down and just hold onto it so if u need to call her or confront her u already have the #. and just keep an ear and eye open. and if anything ask dh how would he feel if that was you. good luck hun. *hugs*
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I am not the suspicious or jealous type at all. But that message would bother me and I would likely pull our phone records.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 8:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Welcome to the world of cell phones.Pull up the records and guess what I'd get a man to leave a cell phone saying he misses you and see how the shoe feels on the other foot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would feel suspicious because the caller is a woman unknown to you and he's had to explain who she is since you found the text message. You can't really assume more is going on because it could very well be as your husband says. She might've got fired from her job or she's going through a bad time because your husband says "she needs emotional support".
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 8:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If that happened to me I would think he was cheating..not to mentioned how disrespectful
    to be doing that behind your back...
    Sorry but I would not tolerate that crap...him and his crap would be out the door..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009