When will some people realize that formula is NOT rat posions and stop bashing FFIng moms?

Some of us couldnt like me and others just chose to ff.. either way its really noones place to amke anyone feel bad. I plan on trying this time around but if i cant then i will give formula..

ya know what i ff'ed my 2 yr old he is healthy and VERY smart.. he has a 4.5 yr old vocab and comprehension according ot his dr.. know his whole alpahbet an can count to 20 and knows his colors..

I really dont care how you feed your child .. why do feel the need to bash others?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• i agree with you like you i couldnt breastfeed my son either and his as smart as any one year old and learning more and more everyday but i also plan on trying again with my next baby. i was ff and breastfeed for three months and my husband was breastfeed and im smarter and have more common sence then he does but then he is a guy and some are just not as smart as women. and im a lot stronger my bones are alot harder then my breastfeed cousins. and im alot more independed and more of a leader then my husband while his kinda a folllower
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 7:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• oh and i dont care what anyone says about ff babies as long as there healthy whos bussiness is it.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It is disgusting the way people feel they can judge others. We all need to make our own decisions based on our situation, personalities and preferences.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Formula has been recalled & can cause health problems--allergic reactions or digestive issues. Yes, your kid may be smart, but they may have been more intelligent had they been breastfed. They might have had 6 ear infections before age 5, but had none with nursing. It's not that your kid is ruined by formula but that their bodies/minds have the potential to be and do more when they have food that was custom made for them, instead of artificial milk that never changes it's composition. I think a baby has the right to have breastmilk, especially when the mother has no reason not to use what her body makes, as the majority of women make enough-they just sabotage their own efforts with supplementing/bottles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• um it wasnt that i didnt make enough milk... it was other medications i had to be on after delivering that didnt allow me to breastfeed.. and ive never heard of formaul being recalled.. btw i worked at a daycare and we had a lil girl who was BF'ed and she was ALWAYS sick.. earinfections ALL the time and sinus infections..
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• im with you i ff and what others think i really don't care........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• 22 dangerous & life threatening recalls from the FDA since 1984.

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=formula+recalls&fr=yfp-t-501&u=www.naba-breastfeeding.org/images/Recalls.pdf&w=formula+recalls+recall&d=DnrRE52uSdLc&icp=1&.intl=us

As far as medications in milk, I would not take them if not they weren't truly needed (not saying yours weren't) and I deliver drug free so I don't have anything being passed onto baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree with you 100%. I am so tired of hearing this. And I think that CAFEMOM should stop allowing these kinds of arguments and discussions on the answer boards

And to the people are attempting to give info. on FF, well, that info. is not exactly accurate. Your info isn't false, but it isn't 100% true either. In the studies that I read, it was proven that BF may only slightly improve the intelligence of BF babies compared to FF babies.

If formula was so bad for children, #1, it would not be on store shelves, and #2 most of the adult population would not be here today because most of us were FF.

All that really matters is that we are feeding our children. Making sure that our children are happy and healthy is our goal in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i agree with the ear infection i have never had an ear infection or sinus problem and again i was ff and i could have bf if my son latched on my milk come in fine and i pumped to
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't worry about it.

Here's one for ya-my first son was breastfed-he had 12 ear infections before his first birthday!

So-its not always true. It does have to do with exposure.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009