I'm breast feeding & seem to always struggle to have enough milk...

Does any one have any suggestions or anything on how I can produce more? I feel so strained on trying to get as much as I do & she needs more. I don't want to stop breast feeding, formula doesn't agree with her tummy.

Krysten88

Asked by Krysten88 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to relax as well, if you're stressed you will make it harder on yourself. More frequent nursing will make more milk, tiring yes, but it works as it is supposed to. Try Mother's Milk (?) tea from the health food store - moms swear by it! Also check out www.askdrsears.com - it's a great site for all your questions and answers for everything baby and mothering! Don't give up - you can do it!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why do you feel you're not making enough? If she's content after feeding & you're changing diapers then everything should be fine. Frequent eating is normal because the milk is so easy to digest. You can drink more water, eat oatmeal and nurse more to increase your supply--it's all supply & demand. Formula will only make problems worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Drink more water. Make sure you drink a glass while your nursing, also.

There is something you can get from a health store... I forgot what its called...I'm sure someone will mention it! lol
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Also... how old is the baby? At 2 and 4 months, they go through a growth spurt, and nurse A LOT!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why do you think you are not making enough? We need some more information to be able to help you. :) Baby's age, nursing habits, diaper counts, ect.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Make sure you are taking in plenty of liquids. Sometimes the baby may not be pulling enough and your body catches on to that and says hey well I'm not going to produce much then. What you need is a pump because It really allows your breast to produce more milk.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Please drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group...lots of help available including a sticky post with EVERY TRICK KNOWN TO WOMAN for increasing supply, and another sticky on how to know if your supply really is low. Nine out of ten moms who think they have a supply problem actually don't; it's just that no one taught them what to look for.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nurse more frequently!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009