Whata re the signs of post partum?

because I'm pretty sure I'm going into it and I want to know what comes along with it? I'm so worried about EVERYTHING. I have alot on my plate right now, I feel alone and unwanted. I'm worried about labor, doctor appointments, i feel afraid and i feel so ugly..I can't even look in the mirror without thinking I look like a defected cow or something. when I lay in bed, my mind races and I can't stop thinking about stuff. I'm sure it's going to come more when I'll be taking care of the baby alot of the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you asking about post partum depression?? It does sound like you are depressed and that is something you can get help for. Tell your doctor as soon as possible how you are feeling. It is normal to feel ugly at the end of your pregnancy. I myself didn't feel ugly. I think a pregnant woman is the most beautiful thing. Get some help for your baby's and your sake. You will feel better if you do. God Bless.
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't know, depression in pregnancy can turn into ppd or I have heard that women who are depressed during pregnancy are more likely to get ppd.

Talk to your doctor about it. There are tons of things you can do, naturally, to help with ppd. Medicines are available if you need them too.

It's normal to worry at the end of pregnancy, especially when you are stressed and not stable, or single etc. Try and work through them, and see a counselor if you need to.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You can be happy then sad in a snap. Laughing and crying in a snap. You can be fine and turn into anger in a snap. Thinking about hurting yourself or the baby or both AFTER pregnancy. Don't confuse baby blues with PPD or PPS. I suggest do a google search.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009