Do you think it's safe to dye your while being pregnant?

I'm 7 months pregnant and have been wanting to dye my hair for the longest, my doctor says it's okay, but my friends are telling me I shouldn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I heard you can but shouldn't until you are so far along in your pregnancy. Ask your Dr.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yes its fine. think about it hair stylists when they are pregnant color other peoples hair all day long, and do perms and what not. So they are breathing in the chemicals, the chemicals gets on their skin, so it absorbs, and their babies are fine :) Go color your hair.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes as long as you're out of your first trimester. That's only because the babies organs and everything is forming during that time and doctors just don't want to risk anything happening to the baby, although it never does! I'm a hair stylist and I was pregnant and doing hair from beginning to end of my pregnancy.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If your Dr. says it's okay...then go for it mama
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i think it wont affect the baby but with all the hormones round your body the colour can be messed up a bit,when I was first pregnant I dyed my hair red for red nose day and it went orange,I mean as in bright orange,I looked like a right plonker
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yes
    klkstpeter

Answer by klkstpeter at 1:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I've heard the fumes can be dangerous to you while pregnant. You should probably just wait to dye your hair until after the baby is born.

But if you insist on doing it, make sure you have have plenty of AIR. Windows open, drink lots of water.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009