Have you ever or would you ever

check yourself into a hotel, all by yourself, for a 24 hour period to get a break from your family and household chores? I asked my husband for this for my birthday. I just want a 24 hour period where I don't have to take care of anyone or think about anyone's needs for a day. Where I can just relax and do what ever I want

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 9:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no I'd get lonley
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh my gosh,I am not alone ! Thank you God.I have ask My husband for this sooo many times,and he thinks I am crazy.He says well I work at nights some,I do this ,that and you get time alone.I'm like you don't get it,I need to get away,if I am here,there is always something to do here.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have never done that, but I have thought about it. It sounds great and I could get away from it all for a little while.
    huffmanall4

Answer by huffmanall4 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I want to do this so badly. I told my mom and she thought I was crazy. I fantasize sometimes about being a hermit in a mountain cabin for a month or so when I'm older and the kids are grown. I would love a day or two to be completely on my own and able to come and go as I please.

In fact, I've looked into taking vacations solo and would love to if the guilt wouldn't eat me alive over spending so much money on just me vs spending it all on a vacation the kids could enjoy, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• One of my friends said she had done it and I thought it was the best idea EVER! I am so jealous of my hubby right now because he will get off at noon and pick my son up from afterschool around 3. He has 3 whole hours to himself! I get off work and go pick up the twins and go straight home! What I wouldn't give for 3 hours to myself!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree with Amy, I would get lonely and I hate being away from my DD and husband
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• can i go with you??(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Me too, I want to go
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I've thought about it... I've also thought about packing up a bag and getting and the car and just driving til I find something interesting to do... I think a lot of the desire to "get away" is more about time with yourself than time away from everyone else.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would actually LOVE a WEEK but.. 24 hours would be pure BLISS....Someday perhaps!!
    addhealthy

Answer by addhealthy at 9:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2009