Has anyone here ever had more than one loss after being 13 weeks pregnant?

I lost my son on Feb 11th at 20 weeks pregnant due to premature rupture of membranes.. (water broke) And I got a period today.. And me and my DH wanted to try again for a baby.. but I'm scared that it'll happen again! Has anyone here lost more than one after the 13th week being pregnant?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never experienced a Miscarriage,but I am so sorry for your loss,and I wish the best for your husband/So.Please take time to greive ,before trying again.Good luck sweety.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think the quote is "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game" Don't let that fear keep you from doing what you and your husband wants to do. Yes that was tragic and hard to deal with, but if you are so scared that will happen again it could keep you from having a beautiful little girl or a handsome little boy. You'll miss out on a lot of great things if you let fear get in the way. While its completely understandable WHY your scared, it will keep you from having another child.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Amy,that was beautiful,That quote is waht my daughter,has with her senoir pics,it is so true,and great advice for this mom. Bless you
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This is probably not helpful, but I have had a couple of friends who have lost their baby about the same time as you and then had a full-term healthy baby next. My aunt lost two in a row. I cannot possibly imagine how devastating that would be and my heart goes out to you. But, like the PP, I say go for it. Best of luck to you.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 9:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• As long as you have waited the alotted time frame to let your body heal (usually it is 4-6 weeks after a miscarriage), if you are ready to try again, then go for it. Everyone manages loss at a different time than other people. Good luck!
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Bravo Amy. Very well put.

All I can say is for those of us that have lost babies, we aren't the first women ever to have gone through that nor will we be the last. Define your life by what you are braving through not what you hide from. Keep trying.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Thanks everyone! It's just hard to go through a birth.. To see a part of you not make it but only a few minutes.. Get out of the hospital and start planning a funeral.. IT was all so much.. And part of me wants to think, that maybe it happened for a reason and that things will be fine now.. Part of me feels like.. What if I won't make a good mom? And thats why it happened.. but that's just what everyone goes through I guess.. But I'm going to keep trying.. Thanks for everyones comment!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009