I've been worrying alot when i can not feel my baby kick...is there any syptoms of stillbirths

Everyone been telling me don't worry but im just so scared i might loose him and i dont to i just need someone to help me understand why theres days he does not move but then the days he moves he wont stop

newmom66

Asked by newmom66 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you don't feel your baby move or a while drink something cold. It will make they baby uncomfortable he will move. Or just push on him a little.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nope all you can do if your worried he's not moving enough is it poke your belly or move it around. some babies move alot some dont. not alot you can do. keep positive im sure he's fine!
    msuperg

Answer by msuperg at 9:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'd have to say from experience that non-movement is the only way you can tell. I would try the above mentioned ideas. If he doesn't move, see your doctor immediately. It's so hard to not worry so seeing your doctor is the best comfort you can give yourself. The doctor will listen for your babies heartbeat, and that is the sweetest sound as you know. It will give you all the comfort you need.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• That was my only indicator that something was wrong with my first pregnancy. My dd moved constantly, and one morning she didn't move at all. I called my doctor, went to the hospital and was hooked up immediately. She was already gone... I was 36 weeks. Her 6th birthday would be next month.
    If you have tried lying on your left side, drinking oj, etc and you still feel no movement call your doctor.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't worry! I went to the doctors probably twice a week the last month saying she wasn't moving that much. She was always fine, just sleeping her lazy butt off. I even had a c section because she wasn't responsive to my contractions, but the second she came she was screaming and fine. Go to the doctors if you're worried.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Usually the OB tells you that if you don't feel any movement for an hour or 2, then to go to the hospital to be checked. If you are very far along, the baby is getting big and running out of room to move around. I went to the hospital 2 days before my due date because I didn't feel any movement for an hour and a half. Once hooked up to the monitors, they said he was fine. When I went in to be induced, I had a very bad feeling because his heart rate was dropping and not much movement. I requested a c-section (I will surely be bashed for this) and I am glad I did as the cord was wrapped around his neck several times. Thankfully, he was perfectly fine. But I think that explained the decrease in movement and dropping heart rate. Yes, I know babaies can be born vaginally with the cord around their neck and still be fine. I didn't want to take a chance though. My friend had to deliver a stillborn baby on her due date :(
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If your worried have half a candy bar and some juice lay on your left side and in about 20 minutes you should have a sugar high bouncing baby. My son always freaked me out toward the end of my pregnancy because he was always a kicker but then he was starting to get bigger and filling up your entire body so their running out of wiggle room :)
    millerbabe07

Answer by millerbabe07 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• you can always get an at home heart-doppler...so you can listen to his heartbeat from home. you can rent them I'm sure...

carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• for the answer above me yes you can at heartones.com for like 20 bucks a month for a basic one. i have one and i love it. how far along are you? babies go through stages around 24+ weeks where they go through "growth spurts" and just sleep away time which could be happening to you. i hope everything turns out okay!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• How far along are you?
    Try drinking something ice ice cold and then laying on your left side for 15 mins.

RileysMom91106

Answer by RileysMom91106 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009