ds keeps spitting up

I recently started giving my son formular only one bottle per day around dinner, and today i was going to start adding another bottle feeding and he just seemed to spit it all up. and he's been spitting up a lot more recently since i've been giving him the formula, but i don't know why, anyone else had this happen? when we first started the formula he was fine so i don't think it was that but it might be. i'm just so confused.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 10:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk is WAY easier to digest and on their tummies. Try to give it to him gradually, or mixed with breast milk. Is there a particular reason you need to give him the formula? Not bashing just wondering why...are you going back to work or something?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• He just may not do well with that brand of formula that you are giving him. Talk with your ped and see what they say. My SIL used similac and her daughter had that problem so she had to switch her to a different brand.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Could be the formula. He has been spoiled with natures best and formula can upset their tummies very easily(not a dig on bottle fedding) I bottle fed after bfing as well and we had the hardest time finding something to wirk with her we finally settled on Soy. She did alot better on that. She still only drinks soy cause she don't like cows milk (she is now 2)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Try Enfamil A.R. its for babies who spit up alot. its a thick formula so its easy for it to stay in their tummys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i agree it could be the formula or it could be reflux
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 11:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• the reason he is getting some formula is b/c I am pregnant with number two and nurse at obgyn said they suggest weening, but i'm not going to total ween him, since he is 9 months already i only plan on giving him formula one to two times a day until he is a year old than just switch him to whole milk. he never had reflux, and was fine when I first started him on some formula, and it's always the same feeding that he gets the formula. and now even when i bfeed him he doesn't seem to eat for very long he keeps sitting up but i just lay him back down and he eats for awhile then sits back up again, it's like he gets distracted by something.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 4:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009