Charity?

Times are hard for people but do you give to a charity if so which one and how much? Or do you volunteer your time somewhere?

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The Christian Childrens Fund. I started it like four or five years ago and sponser three children. So it costs me about 72 dollars a month. I've done other things that are more spur of the moment but thats my main one.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We give to the National Kidney Foundation and the Salvation Army.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was giving to St Judes Children's Research Hospital, but I no longer have that extra $10 a month to give.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I give my kids' old clothes to St. Vincent De Paul which has a bin at my church.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I used to give at salvation army until a mom here posted she had a friend who worked for them and she told her the employee's go over all the donations and take the good stuff home for themselves...what a bunch of shit! I am sad that I can no longer donate without worry that it is going home with employee's rather than the needy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• we help out with the special needs kids , and my husband donates to charities every pay check .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We give to our church, to the firefighters, and to Komen walk for the cure.

Answer by Bmat at 11:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I found one that I really enjoy giving to especially since its fun for the kids and even people on a tight budget can do. https://wecanbuildanorphanage.com/# You get to chose what to pay for. Every paycheck I buy 5 things cause I am blessed with 5 healthy children. Last time we bought pieces of land and it only cost 4 dollars. Ive also voluntered at a domestic violence shelter but with a new baby I am just at home mostly.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009