I can't get my 7month old to eat her bottles.

My little one will not take her bottles. I have asked her doc about it and he does tells me not to worry, but I do. She sometimes only takes 20 oz a day (she is 7 months old). She was never breastfeed so that is not what is causing the problem. I know she is hungry because she eats her jar food just fine. I just dont know what to do. Can anybody give me some ideas about what to do.

mandajane305

Asked by mandajane305 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yea, give her a cup!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Give her a cup and make sure she's getting the bottles BEFORE the solids. If she's filling up on the solids first, that's why she doesn't want the formula...which is still her primary nutrition.

I wouldn't sweat it too much though.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• once my youngest started baby food that is when she wasn't eating her bottles much anymore. I would give her like 2 oz at a time because that is all she would take at a time. You can try to feed her more often, but give her less at a time. My dd was crawling at 6 months so that is why she wasn't eating as much she was wanting to go so I would say give her the baby food like you do, but then give her less in the bottle just maybe give her a bottle more often. Or like the other post said try giving her a cup.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• mine did the same thing. She only take like one bottle during the day. She still takes them at night. But during the day she likes to drink out of a regular cup. She wants to be a big girl. I guess they want to wean themselves from the bottle. Just keep offergin gher things through out the day and she should get plenty of liquids. I found a little cup at target. It is real short, and perfect for a child. My daughter does not like the sippy cups. So a regular cup and i just have to hold it for her still but she gulps it right down. I was paranoid at first too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• "I can't get my 7month old to eat her bottles."

she's supposed to drink the milk inside, not eat the bottle!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009