how late can my period be before i should start worrying about pregnancy?

i've never had a kid but i take care of my 3 yr old sister. im engaged to a wonderful man. my age of course. but im almost a week late. i dont know what to do. im kind of scared. & i cant be pregnant. but i am late & i dont know where else to turn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• The day my period was due, I woke up and had not started so I took a test and it was positive. If you have had sex since your last period, you CAN be pregnant. I would take a test and be sure.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• well i have a baby and she is my first child and my period was 3 days late and i took a pregnancy test and it came out positive!! everyone is different i guess.
    kisha85

Answer by kisha85 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I worry the first day my period is late.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Not to be rude, but I have to ask why you're a member of cafemom, when you don't have kids and are NOT wanting to get pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well why do you say you can't be pregnant? If that is so why would you ask when you should start worrying about pregnancy? If you say you can't be pregnant then you have nothing to worry about. But if there is a possibility that you could be pregnant then I would say that if you have a regular menstrual cycle, then I would start worrying about being pregnant if my period is already one week late.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• anon. She said she takes care of her 3 yr old sister. She would benefit from this site. Ease up a little. Op, it depends on how regular your cycle is. But, you could test now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009