If you found A 50 dollar bill on the ground just laying there would you try ot find the owner or just keep it?

in this case i would keep it.. if ask who lost it everyones hand is gonna go up.. it is cash and unless i SEE someone drop it im not really gonna find the owner so its just good luck for me.. now a wallet id return but cash just laying there MINE!!
how about you?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would keep it- like you said everyone will say it is theirs
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ill say "has anyone lost a 50 dollar bill" just once and if no one answers Ill keep it. I did what was right..right?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'd keep it too... If it were five bucks, most people would say it wasn't theirs if it weren't. Five bucks isn't a make or break amount of money. 50 bucks tho... for a lot of people, that could do wonders. Hell, that could feed my family for two weeks. I'd keep it. Probably deposit it in my son's account, or our "fun money" account to go towards vacation.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would ask a few people in my close vicinity and if no one said they lost it, I would put it in my savings or my kids savings.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• IF I saw who dropped it, I would give it back. The other day I was at the gas station, I went up to the window pulled out one of two twenties out of my pocket and paid for my gas. There was a car across the road who was pulled over facing me. I am pumping my gas.. and this car drives over by the window- gets out and gets something and TAKES OFF (afer the cop let her go) I dropped my other twenty by the window and that trashy lady saw it.. and came over picked it up and took off. I WAS STANDING RIGHT AT MY PUMP NEXT TO HER. I didn't realize I dropped it. I was wearing my scrubs and those pockets are so big and loose you cant feel something like that. But I was so upset by it. All I could think about when I got to work and went to get my money out to pay for my lunch was "I hope that lady really needed that money while I work hungry" Ugh that still pisses me off.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would say I found some money...You have to tell me how/what. Then i might belive them. DH lost a 50$ bill in Mexico...it was devistating to us!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• KEEP IT
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 10:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I might ask if anyone dropped some money and then make them tell me how much (and possibly in what denominations) but after that I'd probably keep it if no one claimed it. I'd feel really bad for the person who lost it but to be honest I'm not going to turn down $50 these days. Besides, I've lost money in the past too, call it Karma lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Amy, that sucks! What a loser! I really hope she needed it!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It would depends where I was. I have found money like that at the grocery store and I always bring it to the front. Usually they will keep it for an hour or so and then if no one claims it give it to whoever turned it in. If it was on the street I'd look around and see if anyone looked like they were searching for something, but if not I would keep it.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009