MARRIED WOMEN! :

If there was something you would have changed about your wedding, what would it be?
not having such a BIG wedding? just running off an eloping? not spending as much?
ANYTHING! Just curious!

Also, if you have ANY tips for a soon-to-be *Bride*, I'd love to hear your tips!
thanks in advance ladies! =]

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I had a very small backyard wedding and I loved it. The only things I would have changed were to have a professional photographer, and maybe a more traditional wedding cake.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why couldn't my mom wear the dress I picked out for her!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would not have my sisters as brides maids... They got all pissy because it was all about me (It was my wedding for god's sakes!) so my mom maid them brides maids... I didn't want any, I wanted it as simple as can be. But with bridesmaids, came of course the groomsmen. Guess who the groomsmen were? Their boyfriends. It really pissed me off.... but I didn't have the strength to fight four them on my own. I wish I would have stayed strong and told them all the F-off because it is all about me...
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• "I would not have my sisters as brides maids... They got all pissy because it was all about me (It was my wedding for god's sakes!) so my mom maid them brides maids... I didn't want any, I wanted it as simple as can be. But with bridesmaids, came of course the groomsmen. Guess who the groomsmen were? Their boyfriends. It really pissed me off.... but I didn't have the strength to fight four them on my own. I wish I would have stayed strong and told them all the F-off because it is all about me..."

OH MY! That would have PISSED me off! My Sister is my Matron of Honor, and she's married already, lol. and my bridesmaids are my best friends...only two of them, and one is married and the other would DEFINATELY not pull that! lol...and having their BOYFRIENDS as your groomsmen! ahh! I would have flipped, and NO WAY would that have happened in my wedding! lol

carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If I could change anything it would be...not drink alcohol! We started drinking soon after the ceremony and by 6 pm I was pretty toasted. But, we did have alot of fun! I had a big wedding with about 175 guest.
    Advice I would give to you is keep it small enough for you to handle, make sure you go around and speak to every guest, don't drink too much, make sure you eat, have fun and dance till your underpants fall down! On thing people commented most about my wedding is that it was fun and the DJ was great and got everyone dancing! Congratulations to you!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My father gave us a lot of money for our wedding. He said he didn't care if he had a big wedding, he would give us more if we wanted. He also said he didn't care if we had a cheap wedding and spend the money on something else. So, we were married in the pastor's office and it was free. He was a friend so he didn't charge us. All we had to pay for was the marriage license. We dressed up but wore clothes we already had. I do not regret it at all. We took the money from my father and bought a house. To us, a wedding was just another day and the marriage was the really what mattered. We had our witness take pictures with our digital camera and I printed them off at work. The only thing I would change is maybe I would have liked to have bought a new outfit just for fun. Now we have a house and we still have great memories of our wedding day.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would of made it a lot smaller and more romantic. And would of not had it at my in-laws back yard it coast as much as a club. They were a pain in the ass and that should of told me they would be a pain the rest of our lives. This is why I have cut them off.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• mamaada:
    thanks for the congrats! =]
    We're serving alcohol, but I'm hoping MOST people can keep it under control...I'm sure there will be some dumbasses, but, can't help that I guess.
    And thanks for the advice! =]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't worry about impressing or appeasing other people, this is your wedding and have it how you and your husband want it!!! Other people will get over it if you stick to your guns, but you might end up always regretting it and you only get one wedding (hopefully)
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wish we would have video taped it. We planned on it and I don't know what happened but I guess I was more worried about other things that it slipped my mind so make sure you get someone to tape it for you! Also I was so anxious that I didn't eat breakfast so make sure you eat something. Congratulations!
    tannersmomkw08

Answer by tannersmomkw08 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009