Have you taken anti nausea medicine? Which kind? What were the pros and cons?

my OB told me we'd be discussing anti-nausea medicine at our next appointment (in a week) and I want to be prepared to know a little about each and what other people experienced with them.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only anti-nausea medication I have ever taken was over the counter and it made me throw up.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Emetrol...it tasted good and it worked!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Isn't really medicine but I like it cuz it isn't and its all natural and they're candies! lol http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/preggiepop.html
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nothing worked with my morning sickness, I tried preggo pops, ginger products, unisom + b6, eating crackers before getting out of bed, etc.

I ended up on Zofran. : / I hated having to take something, but had to with both pregnancies. I don't even take tylenol when not preggo, I don't like taking things that aren't natural but I desperately needed it. I kept needing IV fluids. : /
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• how well did the zofran work? were there any side effects?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I didn't have any side effects. I went from throwing up 3-5 times a day to maybe once. The nausea was still there but I could keep food down! :)

Phenegren is one they tried with me with my first. It was awful. Made me sleepy and feel drugged. I hated it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Could you take a motion sickness pill instead? Like Dramamine? I think it makes you tired, but it supposed to help with nausea.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have zofran, but it gives me TERRIBLE migraines every time i take it =/ Sometimes i use the phenogren gel, zofran, and tylenol, just to be able ot make it through the day!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Phenergen for me too. They wanted me to take it like every 4-6 hours. The thing with that is, it made me really bitchy and if someone woke me up I'd get very angry and yell at them. The doctor said if you dont get 8-9 hours of sleep when you take em, you'll feel hungover. I was always dazed and slightly confused when I woke up from taking one. I honestly think they just make you sleep so you arent aware that you need to throw up. I barely even ate when taking them.
    The preggie pops/drops never worked for me.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I also took phenergen b/c with my second I kept getting dehydrated. I HATED IT! It made me so sleepy. I felt like I had been hit over the head with a frying pan. Try looking up reviews for several different kinds online. And remember, what works for one person may not work for another. You may have to try a few different kinds until you find one that will work for you. Your doc should be able to help you find the best one.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009