How can I get my 9 month old to nap in her crib?

My 9 month old will only take a nap when I put her in her carseat. I try to put her in her crib at nap time but, she will not fall asleep. She's out growing her carseat! She sleeps great at night in her crib, sleeps all night. How can I get her used to napping in her crib or paypen?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 9 month old too. I just solved this problem and I'm working on dinner time now. I bought a sound machine that blocks noises from around the house. I also lay my babys head up against the crib bumper @ the top of the crib, so he feels safe like he is close to something and will not fall. You can try rocking first, if she does not want to just lay down and then when she is asleep gently transfer to the crib. I also shut the curtains during the day in his room. Let me know if it works.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would start a little bedtime routine at night ... like a certain book, maybe a song so she knows it's bedtime. And then start the same routine with naps... maybe it would help.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009