What's the lamest wedding you ever went to....

and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• My Uncle and his then wife did a robin hood theme.. He wore tights on his wedding day..
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It was a 7th Day adventist one my friend was getting married at. The ceremony spent an hour where the preacher implored with the bride how she must submit to her husband. Whatever...to each their own. But the reception was held behind the church in the parkinglot/courtyard. They were Korean and they had these Korean foods that looked like semi-transparent cubes of some sort of gelatinous food that I could not recognize. The only thing I ate were the grapes and watermelon. Oh and the food was already on paper plates all stacked on one another that we were to take. The wedding cake was already pre-cut too in stacks of plates. The bride and groom spent the entire time posing for elaborate photos. It was the worst wedding I've ever been to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The invitations had an enclosure that said the couple wanted additions to their china set, a very expensive china set. During the ceremony, the photographer was all over the place. She preceded the bride up the aisle - walking backwards to record the event, then she hovered right next to the couple, moving around between the couple and the congregation to take the video. It was noisy and distracting and took away greatly from the solemn occasion. At the reception, the head table had expensive champaigne, but the guests had cash bar. Tacky.

Answer by Bmat at 11:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My friends wedding at the Justice Of Peace... wasn't much of a wedding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would have to agree with Anonymous 11:51am. My brother-in-law was married at the Justice of Peace in jeans and a fleece. His wife (now ex-wife) had her hair in a pony tail, wore khaki's and a sweater. Then we went to dinner afterwards. No cake, no dancing, nothing. They bought their rings the day before. Plain gold bands, she had no engagement ring.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I should add that we weren't told they were doing this until the week before. So they didn't have an engagement time period. It was like "What are you doing next Wednesday? Well we're getting married at the court house. If you want to come, it's at this time" ... seriously ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't know if I would call this the "lamest" wedding, but it would probably be the worst. It our old roomates wedding, and it was a very simple JP wedding with a reception following at the couple's house. Well, the grooms father never showed up to the wedding. His father was a stubborn man, and didn't really agree with the wedding, so we figured that even though he said he would come, he changed his mind. At the reception, several people tried calling him and no one could get a hold of him. As we were getting ready to leave, the groom asked us to stop by and check on him (his house was on our way). His car was there, but he didn't answer the door, so my husband went in to find him dead on the basement floor. He had a heart attack and died. The worst part was, my dh had to call his best friend on his wedding day to tell him he had just found his father dead.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 12:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I went to a LONG wedding where there were no chairs, so we stood for the entire ceremony. Afterward, for the reception, we stayed in the church sanctuary, standing, and they rolled in a table with little tiny tea sandwiches....enough for each person to have 2 or 3 and believe me they were tiny. There were little plastic cups of lemonade to drink, and that's it. The invitation clearly said that a meal would be served. They were old friends of my husband's so I didn't even know them. If I could've gotten away with it, I would've snatched the $150 gift we gave them, right back off of the card table, and made a run for it! If you don't have the money or the ability to serve a meal, have a late-evening hor'dourves and cocktails wedding. We left tired, hungry, and a bit ticked off, although we were all smiles while we were there. :-) We never heard from them again...not even a thank-you note.
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 12:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh gosh - these storys are funny!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 2:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My nephew's Las Vegas wedding. My sister got everyone in the family to drive out to vegas for this wedding. When we got there, it was almost "fast food" style in which you have to get in and get out within 15 minutes because the people after you are scheduled for that time slot. I don't know why they just didn't get married in a little church or place near their home. What is the point of vegas. they had the wedding dress and tuxes and everything. What a waste of money and everyone's time driving out there. Then there wasn't even a dinner, wedding cake or reception!!!! I was pissed! So was my Dad.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009