We all know you call CPS for neglected kids what about animals??

Do I call Animal Control or who do I call ??
Our neighbors have a Greyhound they neglect so bad and I want to turn them in I have had enough of them abusing that animal !

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 11:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Call animal control, they will take care of it. Make sure you document what the abuse is so you can tell animal control when you talk to them. If they are physically abusing (hitting/kicking) the dog, try to get it on camera. That way you can give solid proof of the abuse, otherwise it's just your word against theirs.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 10:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, you can call animal control, or the Sheriffs Office (Generally thats who Animal Control works under) just be sure to call a non-emergency line, not 911.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You can call the cops, your local humane society chapter... If you call a vet clinic, they should be able to give you a good number.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yep animal control I had to do this twice when I lived in Florida. Make sure you have a correct address for the property the animals live on and that you can describe where the animals are kept on the property and what is going on. Good for you taking the time to care about that doggy!
    fairy74

Answer by fairy74 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Animal Control is who you call ... I called it on someone years ago.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• animal control or the ASPCA
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have absolutely called animal control/police for animal neglect. Animals are innocent and need someone else to be their voice.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• What do you do when the authorities won't help?
    I had neighbors who got a pair of darling little rotty pups and then tried to turn them into guard dogs by kicking them around the yard. I called the humane society and they told me to take a picture. Oh, RIIIIGHT! That guy was about 6'4" and about 250 lbs, college football player. If he had seen me out there with a camera he would have inserted it where the sun don't shine! Those dogs turned into neighborhood menaces, and the humane shelter refused to do anything till one of them bit a child walking home from school. THEN they euthanized them both.
    Anonymous

• keep calling
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• keep calling, try contacting the local paper, get the word out there that nothing is being done to protect these animals.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009