Who has a good MeatLoaf recipe?

I cook often, and cook pretty well :) Anyways, I really like meatloaf, but I have NEVER made it!

I would like to make it this weekend possibly - so who has a good recipe?

onyourterms

Asked by onyourterms at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I cheat and buy a seasoning packet from the store. Then I mince 1/2 onion, and 1/2 clove of garlic, throw in a dash of Worchester Sauce (sp?) 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/2 cup water and 1 egg. Mix all together (I find it easier to mix together prior to adding hamburger meat) when it is all mixed, mix well (by hand) with the hamburger. Kinda like kneading dough. Form into the shape of a loaf. You can top with a squirt of ketchup or A1 sauce, spread over the top of the meatloaf (just a thin layer).

Then bake and enjoy :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I love the way my moms makes it, and it is really easy, I dont measure anything though, just put it in to where it "looks" right. I start with hamburger meat, and add oatmeal to help it hold consistancy, and bbq sauce, mix really well. Then you can add whatever you like, my mom puts in green peppers, mushroms, onions, or whatever sounds good to you to have in there. Cook at 350 for about an hour. Draining the grease as it gets aboiut done, and for the last 15-20 minutes I pull it out and put more bbq sauce on top if it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My trick is to saute all the vegetables that you add until they are transparent, let them cool and add the vegetables and any oil/butter left in the pan to the meat. It adds a ton of flavor.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I always get my recipes off www.foodnetwork.com

I love that channel!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I add 1 cup of Sweet baby rays bbq sauce
    1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1 egg
    sauteed onions
    I usually mince some other veggies and throw them in there....the kids won't even know they are there!
    Mix all together with the meat and
    Bake until cooked through
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 12:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Got this one out of the Kraft food and family recipe and made it the other night. It wsa really good.

2lb lean ground beef
    1 pk stove top stuffing mix for chicken
    1 cup water
    2 eggs beaten
    1/2 cup kraft orginal BBQ sauce diviced

Heat oven to 350, mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, shape into 13x9 baking dish, top with remaining bbq sauce bake 1 hour or until done
    jaktsmom

Answer by jaktsmom at 12:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I also have this one a friend gave me. I made it and it is good as well.
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup milk
    2/3 cup bread crumbs
    1/4 cup onion (i used onion soup mix)
    1.5lb ground beef

Mix together all really well and pat it into a loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour. At the end of the hour, mix together 1/4 cup ketchup, 2tblspns brown sugar, and a little bit of mustard and spread it on top. Bake for another 10 min and then it's done!

jaktsmom

Answer by jaktsmom at 12:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• use ground turkey meat cooks in half the time and there is no grease it is so good. cut your bell peppers and onions add some creole seasoning and soul food, Ittalion seasoning and use crackers or cornflakes just crunch them up and two eggs and mix together and it cooks in about 15 to 30 minutes.
    pixxydust

Answer by pixxydust at 6:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't follow a recipe really I just throw it all together. I get lots of compliments on it. I am guessing you are going to get alot of recipes but let me know if you want mine.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No measurements but I use..... bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Lawrys, soy or worchestershire sauce, and an egg to bind it. Mix together (hands work best). Put in a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes until done. You can also throw in some shredded cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009