Head Banging ???

Head Banging ???
Ok - my son is almost 17 months old and has started hitting himself in the head/face when he gets frustrated or mad ?? why?? and then he's also banging his head on the floor or the wall - at first I thought it was cause he thought it made a cool sound but now he's doing it more and more! he's never watched TV and me and his father are extremely happy so its not a learned behavior.. PLEASE tell me this is a stage or something???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will pass, just make sure you don't react to it. They do strange things for attention: bad attention is attention. With that being said, do you maybe need to sit down with your son and have a little more floor time together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Look back from yesterday's questions. You got a lot of good responses then. Here is what I wrote:
    My son does the same thing and if I tell him to stop, he laughs and does it again. It is a phase. It will pass....I hope!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This same exact question was also posted in the General Parenting.
    Anonymous

• probably because she wants answers from both area's?My son went through this around 15 months. Its most often times because they are showing frusrtation and don't yet know how to deal with i didn't make a big deal of it and he stopped within a month, he still sometimes hits when he's mad but he hit like a toy or the table not anyone.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009