Ground Beef

Ground beef is something I usually cook once a month, occasionally twice. I'm just not a super big fan, plus chicken is a lot cheaper. However, I'm pregnant and can't stand the smell and taste of chicken. I'm going to use the end of the chicken in the freezer then stick to pork and beef. I was wondering about what to make with ground beef... Usually I make meatlaof, meatballs, spaghetti, or burgers... I was wondering you guys knew of anything else that is relatively simple to make but delicious...

Crystal1124

Asked by Crystal1124 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Don't forget Taco's!! Or mix some ground beef in with some good old fashioned Mac'n;Cheese.,..mmmm....
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Shepards pie is good. Have you heard of it? Or is that something thats just around here and I dont even know it.. LOL. You cook the burger, mash some potatoes and get some corn. Put the burger in the bottom of a casserole dish, then a layer of corn, then a layer of potatoes, bake it for 20 min- half hour and it tastes great! My SO sometimes puts cheese on top too.. mmm.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 11:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There's a variety of Hamburger Helper dishes you can make with ground beef; it's in the pasta aisle.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Taco's ... Shepherd's Pie ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• MMMMmmm Chili is deffinatly a great use for hamburger meat
    melissa33181

Answer by melissa33181 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Shepherd's Pie stays together and tastes better with creamed corn. I also like to sprinkle some Old Bay seasoning on top of the potatoes . . . so yummy. You could make empanadas or beef turnovers, stuffed peppers, swedish meatballs, goulash . . .
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• sloppy joes
    BridgetC140

• Taco Salad! Yummmy! I make it with 1lb of ground beef, 1 pkt of taco seasoning, nacho cheese doritos, cubed cheddar cheese, tomatoes, salad mix, and sour cream.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Tater tot casserole, taco salad, nachos, sloppy joes. Stuffed peppers or shells, Hamburger Helper. SOS--hamburger with gravy made from the hamburger grease, flour and milk, served over mashed potatoes or noodles.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009