Potty question

So, I'm starting to train my baby boy to pee in the toilet (I read that it is better than using a potty. )

In any event the first two days he peed great, the third day I got to the toilet too late, so he didn't pee in the toilet.

So now yesterday and today he just there played around with this feet, laughed but no pee!!!

We were there for 25 mints. but nothing, he didn't fuss he just sat there and was being a good boy.

Can you ladies recomend me good tricks or anything to motive my toddler??

I'll be a mommy again in May and I would love to have my Lorenzo trained by than.
Thank you and I look forward to your answers!! =D

chicmami

Asked by chicmami at 11:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Will he start pre-school soon? I used to tell my girls that when they learned to use the potty they would be big enough to go to school with all of the other big kids. That worked the best cause I tried a pee-pee -poo-poo chart with stickers and that didn't work. I tried candy and that didn't work either,lol. I tried telling them that if they peed in the potty they would get a bike, that didn't work ,lol. Good luck Lorenzo!!!!! How exciting. I also talked to my girls about it a lot and tried to make sure that they understood what it is they're trying to do and why. I would say when you feel like your tummy is full of water and it wants to come out make sure you tell me etc. I can't believe how big Lorenzo is now, WOW!
    heylorena

Answer by heylorena at 12:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't have him sit there so long... that can lead to them resenting the potty or seeing it as some sort of "time out" (even if he sat there happily this time). Take a look at the "Potty training Moms" group on CafeMom. There's a permanent post there by Andrewsmom about the "3-day method"... you switch straight to underwear and move them to the potty whenever they start to go. So they only sit on the potty when they need to. A lot of cleanup for the first few days, but very effective. My daughter trained in about a week at 19 months and at 22 months is still doing great.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, I know today hubby only had him in the toilet for about 8 mints. but he didn't pee either =(.
    I'll take a look at that group. Thanks ladies!!

chicmami

Answer by chicmami at 9:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009