my 4 year old sleeps with me in my bed

since he don't sleeps in his bedroom he still have his crib, DO YOU THINK IF A BUY A TODDLER BED HE WILL SLEEP ON IT?, or it will be a waiste of money (he is 4 y oold and my baby is 8 month)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Worth a shot. Let him pick out what kind of sheets and comforters to put on it. His favorite cartoon or suprehero. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You are going to have to wean him out of your bed just like you weaned him off the bottle. Go ahead and buy the bed now so he'll know that he has his own big boy bed now. I bought a little Spongebob bed for my 2 year old a month ago and he is still adjusting to it but is progressing. I started off by allowing him to fall asleep in the bed with us then Ill take him to his bed and later on if he wakes up Ill just go to his room talk to him softly and pat him back to sleep. But yes, please hurry up and work on that.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would go strait to a twin bed, to be honest. My daughter, 2, HATES the mattresses for cribs/toddler beds. So we have a nice twin bed for her and she no longer co sleeps. She likes having her own room. :) She does run into my bed in the early am to snuggle and it lets me get an hour extra rest haha. Toddler beds, especially with a 4 year old, seems like a waste of money.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Go for the twin bed..But, he still might not want out. My son finally will sleep in his own bed, but, he was older than yours. In fact, if I let him, he would still sleep with me and he is 13. He still will when he is sick. So, GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my son is 3 and has a twin bed he loves it and he has sheets and comfoter that has buses firetrucks and police cars on it ( his fav cars ) we even had him pick out a lil pillow. so he wont go to bed unless he has his blanket and pillow. but he never co slept with us eaither. so he is use to his own room and space. only time he slept with me was when he was really sick and was afraid about him haveing another sezior (sp sorry ) if u buy a toddler bed whats gonna happen when he grows out of it.. gonna have to buy something. which is more money out of your pocket but if u think he will like that more and sleep without u then why no go for it. good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We went right to twin beds. It saved a little money since we didn't have to buy a toddler bed.

Answer by Bmat at 12:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'd skip the toddler bed at this point too. It should be a bit easier to transition to a twin bed, because he is used to sleeping in a bed already.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Let him pick out his bedding and help in deciding what bed to get him. Just let him be part of the whole process. In our house when the kids coming to our bed was becoming more of a nusance as it was both of them every night we started a bed time rule. They first have to sleep in their beds and if they wake in the night and need to come to our bed they are more than welcome. My son, almost 5 will come more often than his 3 yr old sister.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If he's 4 years, go with a regular bed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• 4 years old is not toddler stage anymore...go with a twin..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009