Would you return drug money?

Driver Who Kept Money Explains Why

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Driver-Who-Kept-Money-Explains-Why.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with "Cashed In" in the article. It's not illegal to pick up money off the road. Hell, the drug dealer threw it out the window for everyone to pick up in my opinion. The amount of money he had in the car wouldn't make a difference in his trial (I don't think). And she's completely right, the DEA would just keep it for evidence and then do who knows what with it. Better off in the hands of people that can actually use it and appreciate a few extra dollars. I really wish I was on the highway when that happened!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I did not read the story, but if I found drug money, I would turn it over to the police.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This money was being thrown out of a moving vehicle and probably would have got lost anyway. I'd like to say I'd turn it in but in these tough times, I'm not so sure. If I saw someone drop money when leaving a store I would give it back to them but this is a little bit different.....hard to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I feel the same as kemclaughlin.
    It doesn't matter how tough things get, money meant for illegal purposes and then used for my personal needs would make me feel sick.
    Anything illegal needs to be turned into the police, along with the license plate number and description of the vehicle it came from.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm going to be honest at the risk of being bashed--I would keep it. I am barely able to keep ahead of bills right now, and if I found $720 in the road, I wouldn't think twice about being able to buy my family groceries, fix my car, etc.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't keep it. What risk that would put my family and myself in when the dealers came looking for their money.

If I was sure it was drug money, I would turn it into the police. If it was just a large sum and I didn't know to whom it belonged, I would turn it into the police. If no one claimed it, technically (as far as I'm aware) that money should be mine free and clear.

I don't understand how people can use the economy or falling on hard-times to justify stealing. If you owned a store and people stole from you every day, costing you and your family money and taking food out of your mouths, would you really care that the people who were stealing were hard-up on your luck? One bad thing yeilds another and then another and another...I agree with some others, spending drug money (let alone money that isn't mine) would make me feel sick.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would more than likely take the money home, stare at it, roll around on it naked, count it repeatedly, plan on what to do with it, then take it to the police. I would like the idea of free money but doubt I could really spend it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Assuming the drug dealer doesn't know I have it...................

HELL NO!

I'm taking a VACATION with it!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009