Were men emasculated by

the feminist movement? If so, how can women change that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes they were. The feminist movement has made men behaving like men into something evil. The truth is that men and women are different and those differences should be celebrated, not vilified. Women can make their men feel like men by treating them with love and respect and not denigrating those uniquely male traits.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Please explain "men behaving like men".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• And please give me a list of ways I should treat him with love and respect. Because I thought I was doing that, but he doesn't seem to notice.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Uniquely male traits:
    Peeing on the toilet, not in
    finding farts funny
    belching the ABCs
    comb-overs

what am I missing???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There are certain traits that men tend to show that women don't necessarily have. This is not always the case. Men tend to be commanding, decisive, assertive, aggressive, they want to do male things like boxing, shooting, hunting, etc. They like to slay the dragons for their women. They want to fight battles for us and have a hard time when we don't want them too. They are driven to provide for their families.

There is an excellent book called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerton that has a ton of ideas for how to do things that respect your man's maleness. Spending time on his hobbies, cooking him dinner, making love when he wants to, letting him open jars for you, not laughing at his male hobbies, not insulting his inability to fix things for you, being sweet natured and controlling our tongues. In a verbal battle men tend to be seriously outgunned by women and we should not take advantage of that.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I also want to point out that I am not talking about disgusting male habits, I am talking about things that are the traits of real men.
    kemclaughlin

• The feminist movement had a few good points, like equal pay for equal work, shelters for battered women, and so forth. But when it got to ridiculous lenghts like vilifying men for holding the door open for a woman or giving a woman his seat on the bus, etc. that is just crap! Also affirmative action has taken the pride and sense of acomplishment out of many women's efforts to get to the top through hard work, everybody thinks she got there by way of unfair breaks in education and/or hiring whether she really did or not. A lot of women feel they have to act tougher or corser and a lot of men have lost their respect for women and mothers in society.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There is an excellent book called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerton that has a ton of ideas for how to do things that respect your man's maleness. Spending time on his hobbies, cooking him dinner, making love when he wants to, letting him open jars for you, not laughing at his male hobbies, not insulting his inability to fix things for you, being sweet natured and controlling our tongues. In a verbal battle men tend to be seriously outgunned by women and we should not take advantage of that.

Thank you. I think I need to practice some of these. I appreciate this. I've lost my sweetness with him a little and I'm being vindictive because he stopped being sweet to me first. I will check out this book. Thanks!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Pagan_mama, Do you agree with the feminist on abortion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• kemclaughlin, there are no 'real men' any more. Sorry but it's the truth.

I agree with pagan_mamma. There were a lot of good things that came out of the feminist movement, but there were some negative things as well. I think vilifying men for being polite is just stupid. I also would much rather work hard for what I have and be recognized for that hard work, rather than been looked down upon because people think that I got where I was just simply because I'm a woman.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009