Smokers- will you continue to smoke with the new tax hike

on cigarettes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 11:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You know some will.

Hope their health insurance is good!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Obama will, his coffin nails are free now. Taxpayers are paying the tax on his cigarettes, how bout that for a good daily screwing to the constituents?
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is all for the poor babies. God bless them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yah, really, Michelle is outside digging up an organic herb and veggie garden, and he's blowing smoke rings in the Oval Office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yes! omg how I miss smoking...*preg here*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I am sooo glad that I quit smoking!

I wouldn't be able to afford it!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yep. Increase in product cost doesn't make a crackhead just stop wanting crack. They'll just find another way to get the money they need for their addiction.

I sure hope my husband gets tired of paying all that money. I'm going to ask him to keep a log of how much he spends each time.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You all better! Obama and his administration needs YOU!.... to fund healthcare for children. This isn't about YOUR health... Take one for the team... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Good grief. Obama quit smoking so enough with the "Obama the smoker" BS.

And I agree with this tax hike. The funds generated are going to SCHIP so that more kids can be covered. Kids like mine. We cannot afford insurance (my husband's job offers it at a rate of $700 per month - that's what WE would have to pay and that is 1/3 of his paycheck). But we also make too much to qualify for medicaid. NOW my kids will be able to be covered by health insurance. Of course we still have to pray nothing happens to me or my husband as we will still be without health care (same $700 a month rate whether it is all of us or just him and me).

As a former smoker, I think the hike will help some people quit (my MIL) but others will continue to smoke and those with insurance will continue to pay higher premiums because smokers use more of the resources or health care.
    Anonymous