Have you ever had an abortion?

When I first found out I was pregnant with my son I considered it because I was unprepared and young. In the end I decided to have him and am glad I did...but I was wondering how many of you ladies have actually gone through that experience and what it was like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. But a friend was in that situation. Young, pregnant. Her mom had told her that if she ever got pregnant to not come home. She doesn't regret having an abortion. But she also considered aborting her son, because she couldn't deal with her daughter very well. Yes, she is very selfish.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I never had but I have friends that did and not one of them said anything positive about it, I usually hear most women saying that they regret having an abortion but I rarely hear someone say she's glad she had one. I'm also young and currently pregnant and I could honestly say I considered having one when I first found out about my pregnancy but I knew in my heart I could never go through with it. Am currently 24 weeks along and excited to have my baby.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I considered having one, mostly because the father (at the time boyfriend) practicially shoved the idea down my throat and said if I didnt abort or give the baby up for adoption then he would leave me. Well I didnt do either and im glad. I KNOW I wouldnt be able to live with myself if I did. His defense was that life would go back to normal if I did but I know I would NEVER be normal emotionally knowing that I did that.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No. I got pregnant at a young age and knew I was in no postition to care for a baby myself. I gave her up for adoption. I feel I would have regretted having an abortion way more than I regret seeing my little girl grow up in a home where she is loved and has everything she will need to prepare her for life.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, I did, and am also glad I made the choice I did. I think it was not traumatic for me because I firmly believed I was making the right decision - I didn't have feelings of guilt, only regret that I had to make the choice. I received local anesthesia and found the entire staff to be very caring. The procedure itself was not painful, only some cramping during and after. I did not have any physical or emotional problems or scars.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was like you, young and scared. I thought about it although I knew in my heart that I could not do it. He is now 23 and my shining pride. Every time I look at him I cannot imagine my life without him. He was my first and he will never ever understand how much I love him.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I never have and never would but a close friend of mine...actually several close friends of mine have. 1 in particular always talks about how she doesn't care what she does now cause she's already going to hell. I know she feels horrible about it and probably regrets it. I also had a friend in high school who's mother made her get one. She got pregnant again afterwards and didn't tell her mom she was pregnant until she was 8 months for fear her mother would make her have another abortion. She also wears a ring on her finger that says Hope...since the aborted baby was a girl and thats what she was going to name her. I guess for everyone its different. Some ppl regret the decision and feel bad the rest of their lives and some ppl do it and don't think twice about it after that. But the majority of ppl I know that have had abortions regret the decision.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• As George Carlin put it, "Not every sperm deserves a name." Pro-life is anti-woman!
    Anonymous

• nope,being young is a crappy reason. I'm 18 with a month old daughter. And I don't live with my parents!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No, never...and I was young. But, a friend of mine aborted twins.
    Anonymous