Do you have all your money in one bank?

Are you nervous about them eventually closing their doors or limiting the amount you withdrawl etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• All of our money is with USAA and I doubt they would do any of that!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't really have any money, so my biggest fear with banks is their shady practices of finding ways to take my money in fees, delay deposits, etc. I have been burned badly by some, and on top of that they conspire to not allow you to open an account with another bank if you owe a completely different bank money due to these shady practices. Banks were originally used to be a safe place to store your money. It has completely changed.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I use an online bank, ING DIrect, as my primary bank. I have my paychecks direct deposited. I like it because I can accrue interest on both savings and checking accounts, although right now they're really low-- it's still higher than a regular bank.

I also have a credit union account for ATM use. I link the 2 accounts and transfer money to the credit union account so that I can withdraw a large amount of cash in a hurry if necessary.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Im with Bank of America and they are great so I wouldn't want another bank.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have my very meager amount in Regions. They are FDIC insured to $100,000. So, My $1,000 or less will be just fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We have a bill account through Metropolitain Nationl Bank and I keep just enough in it to cover my bills. We used to keep all our money there but someone stole my ATM card and they took forever to resolve it and at first blamed me and weren't gonna give me my money back till I went to the President of the bank and complained. (Small bank)....Now we keep the bulk of our money in the Arkansas Federal Credit Union.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• no we use several banks and credit unions plus we always keep a substancial amount of cash outside of the banking institutions.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I bank with the Federal Educaters Credit Union so as long as there are teachers and bus drivers and such...there will be my bank! :)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009