Are many religions homophobic?

Why do many religiously affilated individuals judge those that are homosexual so harshly, but fail to judge with the same scale those who are heterosexual and "sexually" devient?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• that's why I am Unitarian Univeralist. We don't discriminate against race, gender, religion, or sexual preferences.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I dont know. It's stupid in my opinion. I know the bible said a man and a wman, but I think it was more in the context ONE man, and ONE woman, that one MAN and one WOMAN. More twards the whole manogomy thing, not the other way. But it says the comon form, mand and woman because it was just not heard of back then. But God made us all, gay or not, people and religions need to get a clue.
    Anonymous

• Just because we point out that it's a sin does not mean we're judging. There are people who get drunk, do drugs, steal, and abusive one another...those are all sins as well. We aren't being homophobic (or at least I'm not) but that lifestyle has been forbidden in the Bible...which means to me that it is wrong. I'm not afraid of gays or lesbians...I just don't agree with the lifestyle.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Reneek3, does that mean sodomy of any kind, even between a wife and husband is wrong in the Bible's view?
    Anonymous

• Where in the Bible does it say it's wrong? Adam and Eve were created to multiply. And the other guy was reprimanded cause he was looking at his Dad, not cause it's wrong. Not once did the Bible say you would go to hell for being gay and enjoying that lifestyle. And further more, those that believe that the Bible says there are 7 deadly sins are wrong...that was in a book called Dante's Inferno. The bible doesn't really clarify sin or hell.
    Anonymous

• Actually, anon 11:30, in Leviticus 20:13,it says, and I quote "if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, BOTH of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads". So, what part of that,saying it is wrong do you not understand?
    Anonymous

• Reform Judiasm doesn't have any problem with homosexuals.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Did Jesus say it or someone else?

BTW, I think the Bible is ridiculous. Because, It has been written to suit certain people so many times, that it is now all hogwash.
    Anonymous

• So, you want to know what the Bible says, and by the way, GOD said that quote in that verse,and as soon as it doesn't suit your needs, you want to dismiss it? Typical. Well, if you don't like it, learn to love it, cause the Bible ain't going nowhere honey! It's been here all along,is still the best-selling book of all-time, always will be. God's word is timeless,ageless,and will never go away.
    Anonymous

• You realize there wasn't christianity and the bible till someone invented it for their on selfish reasons. Like trying to make everyone feel inferior and saying the will convert or die. Man made religion and book.
    Anonymous