The media's idea of saving money is hilarious to me!

the outfits they pick or the purses they show, it doesn't even speak to the average person...as far as price goes, what do you think? Maybe I'm just too much of a tight wad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• They just have to keep their advertisers happy by promoting more consumption. It goes in one ear and out the other with me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have to agree with this one! It's nuts! I guess they don't really know what the actual public is going through right now. There is no way I would be out shopping for any clothes at all right now much less paying $20-30 for a shirt, skirt, or pants!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 12:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree with you. It is a little silly. But I agree with another poster. They're just trying to stimulate people to buy (and maybe fool you into spending more, thinking it is a good deal).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh, yeah. Like the tips on stop buying four dollar coffee...I have never paid that much for coffee in my life, and never will. Buying panteen shampoo instead of the other kind..to me panteen is the expensive stuff. To me, it's like a slap in the face. Tell the poor people how to save money. Not the rich people. Another thing I hate is coupons. They all say in their tips, use coupons!!! When I use those stupid peices of paper, I end up paying more than if I bought the store brand, which I usually do. Not one single money saving tip helps our family at all.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I am more fiancially savy than most of those throwing out tips, I'm thinking about having a show telling the avrage mom which Goodwill has the best clothes and which Savers you can find a dvd/vhs combo for $6.99. Which by the way I really did get that dvd/vhs combo.
    I negotiate the prices even at thrft stores and walmart.

Would you watch my show?
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Trust me I have used coupons and I always cut the ones that say buy one get one free.I have gooten diabetic meter two of them for free,gum,milk,orange juice,hamburgers,food,bras .I could go on and on.coupons are great.especially if you go on the day of the sales and then you get half off the food.Like yesterday I paid $1.49 per pound for ham.
    Anonymous