Any one else just started Clomid?

What day are you on and did you take it day 3-7 or days 5-9? Have you had any side effects and how long have you been ttc befor this? I hear good and bad things about it so I would like to know what others think about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am not on Clomid now. However, I did take Clomid and we did days 5-9. I ovulated on day 19 or 20 and we conceived on the first cycle. I miscarried, which had nothing to do with Clomid. Four weeks later I ovulated for the first time ever without drugs, and we conceived and have a daughter who will be three in May. Clomid can be wonderful. I did not have any side effects, although I hear that headaches are common. Well, I do remember ovulation pinching a little, but I wasn't used to ovulating. Drink plenty of fluids. We tried for 6 months and I was approaching 30. I had 70-90 day cycles and didn't ovulate. No known cause. I think Clomid can be a wonderful thing...
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Wanted to add....We also used Mucinex, as I read that it can help with cervical mucus. A lot of women I had spoken with also stated baby aspirin can assist with implantation, but I would discuss this with your physician.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Thanks so much for your response and congrats on conseiving on your own. I have PCOS and was able to concieve my son with out any fertility drugs two yrs ago. So I know it can happen. I have a good feeling about the Clomid though, I dont think it will take that long for me to get pregnant on it cause we really didnt have a hard time with my son but will see. Oh and my doctor reccommended against any mucinex or baby tyleno for now.
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy seems to have regulated my cycles and I do ovulate now. We're going to try this time without Clomid. But, if we try 3 mo without success I won't hesitate to use it again. Just make sure they properly monitor you with transvaginal ultrasound to look at your ovaries for follicles. You do not want to be hyperstimulated, so they will need to monitor your ovaries.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Maybe thats why shes having me come in on the 21st day of my cycle? I thought she said that I was coming in to do some blood work and ultrasound to see if I ovulated, idk lol. Im new to this whole thing. Why do they look at your overies and follicles? Dont I want matture follicles in order to get pregnant?
    Anonymous

• Yes, you do want mature follicles. They will actually measure them to see how many look like they could release an egg. You will want good size follicles, but I don't remember the measurement. I know that mine didn't look great, but I ovulated anyway. So, please use ovulation predictor sticks. THey want to make sure you aren't producing too many follicles, as this can damage your ovary. The blood work is to check your progesterone.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009