Are SAHM's as valuable or more valuable to society than

working mothers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they are both a value.
    Anonymous

• They are the same in my eyes. If you love your child, take care of them, provide a safe enviroment, raise them to be a good person-to function in society-then a mom is a mom in my book.

No matter if they work in the home or out of the home. There is no "value" difference.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Working moms are more productive to society since they are adding to the economy.
    Anonymous

• Working moms are more productive to society since they are adding to the economy

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. What do you mean by adding to the economy?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Because people are not as important as the economy, did you not get the memo?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I believe that they both provide valuable assets to society.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why do we keep trying to tear down women who make different chioces than us? Don't women have enough problems and battles without such nonsense?

BOTH are valuable and not every mom has a choice about what she chooses. Why try to make one group feel bad about their choices or what they are forced to do because of circumstances?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If a SAHM has a husband that makes 2x as much as a mom that works outside the home-and spends more than that working mom and her husband has more in taxes removed....then who would you say is contributing more??
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There's no way to tell. Working and having tax money taken out of your paycheck is just ONE aspect of society. There are SAHM's out there that run charities, do favors, opperate fund raisers and volunteer within the community that impacts society in ways that a working mom never could (unless she had time to be involved in all of those things despite her job).

I'd like to think that because I am a SAHM, I'll be able to teach my son, feed him nutritious meals and give him quality family time which will in turn hopefully make him a better citizen some day. If I were working, I'd probably be tossing him in daycare with a lunchables (*shudders*). I think me quitting my job to help do whatever I need to do to raise America's next generation is as productive to society as the taxes that would have come out of my paycheck (which the government would have wasted on stupid crap anyway!).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If I were working, I'd probably be tossing him in daycare with a lunchables (*shudders*).

While I do agree and commend you. There are working moms who do provide adequate nutrition and do things in their communities as well.

I think that this question is truely impossible to answer.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009