Did you get pregnant while breast feeding? Did you have a cycle then get preg or got preg with no cycle?

Lenore0708

Asked by Lenore0708 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got pregnant with my youngest before having a period after I had my daughter. I was still EBF. You can get pregnant, and you can get pregnant without a period to warn you that your fertility has returned. Use BC if you aren't ready to have another baby yet.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I didn't but keep in mind that your period is a sign that you did not get pregant the PREVIOUS month and that your body is "cleaning house" to try again next month.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had one period and then got pregnant right after that period. You cycle will be way off so if you're trying to use nfp then make sure to take your body temp (it drops when you ovulate), because just counting days won't work. Most likely you won't have a normal 28 day cycle.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Are you trying? Becuase the hospital let me know that you can get pregnant as soon as you stop bleeding postpartum. Breastfeeding is not a reliable form of bith control
    Anonymous

• I got my period after 6 weeks with both babies. I got pregnant bf-ing (planned) at 7 months. But as was said above, you can get preg before you ever saw a period.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had no post partum period while breastfeeding after my 2nd child (my daughter) was born, but I know I ovulated at 8 months post partum... I know this because I had my son 9 months later ;-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We are kinda trying. We are on the if it happens it happens. I was just curious. My son is 10wks old and still no cycle, which I know is normal. So how do you know if your preg? Just wait for symptoms?
    Lenore0708

Answer by Lenore0708 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009