Question for bf-ing moms

Were you able to fit into normal sized shirts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you mean by normal sized? BFing won't change much. Your breasts may be larger and you may lose weight. But you probably won't have to make any big wardrobe changes. Are you trying to ask if you can nurse in anything but nursing tops? Cause, yes, you can.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I couldn't wear my regular size in a button down shirt, I couldn't get all the buttons done up. For the most part I fit into my shirts just fine. There were a few that were too tight on my chest, but not many.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was pretty much the same size as usual once I got through the 'engorgement' phase in the first month or two. After that I was fine to wear my usual clothes.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Button down shirts, no, but I only had one, so it didn't matter much to me. As for regular shirts, yes. My breast size didn't change much from pregnancy...not enough to warrant a new bra even. I don't even have nursing bra's or tanks, and we've been BFing for almost 9 months.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was only noticeably larger for the first maybe 2 weeks..now that I'm not engorged all my pre-pregnancy shirts fit fine.
    I wear shirts that are easy to pop my boob out of, but not any 'specialty' tops. I do have 2 nursing bras but once they're covered in milk I just wear a regular one. they really aren't that helpful, regular bras flip down pretty easily :)
    Oh and my daughter is 5 weeks on saturday.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I can't wear the size I used to wear (XS) because the chest just won't squeeze in.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, but I preferred lose fitting tops b/c they were easier to pull up without drawing attention to what I was doing. A few times I wore tighter ones or shirts made of stiffer material and had a hard time getting them UP over my bra inconspicuously b/c I had to really tug on them lol.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• After the initial engorgement period about 1-2 months I was back into my same size bra and all my shirts fit just fine. I also had lost all my baby wieght since that can have a lot to do with it too. I loved nursing bras and had several of them and I just simply wore cotton shirts that I could easily lift to nurse in.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009