Is the economy effecting how you will spend your summer?

I know it has for me. We had to choose between t-ball for one child, or a pool pass for the whole family. We bought a tent to go camping in, rather then one big vacation, and even what I'm planting this summer is different. I'm doing veggies and fruit more then flowers.

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 12:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I planted a garden for one. And DD will be enjoying lots of FREE trips to the park across the street, rather than pay $$ to go to ocean beach. I am getting her summer clothes from freecycle, as well as "new" dresses and skirts for me, rather than buying things.

So, a little bit different, but not a whole lot different than what we do every other summer.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We are actually going to get to do a lot more this summer-but not due to the economy-due to me graduating!

But were aren't doing anything fabulous-just some camping and day trips.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have always been broke so nothing has really changed. Luckily my son is only 1 so I can entertain him with very little money.
    Anonymous

• Not really. We are still going on the three vacations we have planned. Nice thing is they are less expensive than they would have been.
    Anonymous

• Not really here. We will go to my moms pool...man,I can't tell you hoe great THAT is! The big girls will ride bikes in the backyard and collect bugs and the baby boy will do what he is able inside and out! LOTS of PB&J and soup and cup-o-noodles (my kids FAVE!). Might run over to the beach, might not! Can't wait for summer!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We actually have a lot of trips planned. But we have planned (meaning saved) for them. Our neighborhood has a swimming pool and park that we already pay into with our HOA. And we belong to the YMCA which has some great affordable summer programs for the kids when we are around. We enjoy camping and it is perhaps the greatest and most affordable way to vacation, explore, and learn about this great nation!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Actually, we're doing more this summer than I have in several years.. My cousin is getting married in New Hampshire and im going to be in her wedding. Luckily I have someone thats going to be able to watch the boys while I go up there. Bringing two children under the age of two 15 hours away is not a good idea. Im also turning 21, so I hope to be able to do something very fun for it.. You only turn 21 once, anyway! We are also looking in going to the beach for a day or two.. Havent been in years.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nope. We just took a vacation in February, so I don't think we'll be taking another one this summer, unless it's just a weekend thing. We will be moving over the summer anyway.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No. We're going on 2 vacations this summer. In early June hubby and I will be flying from OH to WA to visit our oldest son and his wife and in mid-June hubby and I am the 3 teens will be driving from OH to TX to visit our 2nd son.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No, but my common sense is. We are still saving for a house.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009