Is your 9 yr old oblivious?

My 9 yr old son seems to be completely oblivious. I will tell him where something is, "in the kitchen, on the counter, next to the toaster". He goes in, looks at it, and says "what?". Please tell me its all 9/10 yr old boys, not just mine. Its either that, or I'm dealing with one lazy boy because he does this with everything and I always end up just doing it. I often wonder if he does it just so he doesn't have to do what I asked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Omigosh are you kidding me, my 8 yr old does the same thing. I ll ask her to go get something for me and she want even be in there for a milisecond and will ask me, where? Ill give her a blank look mixed with "you better get that thing off that counter or else" or something in that nature. Its like they just don't care and want to get back to what they were doing like playing on the ds game, watching tv or on the computer. Yea I know exactly where you are coming from.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• lol im sorry but sounds like my dd and shes 11. when it comes to chores i will say ok put dishes away and wash what evr dishes ar in the sink she will eaither a just look at me like i said it in gibbrish or b put dishes away and thats it. like she tunes into me for about 2 seconds then swear all she must hear is a wind noise lol. so i feel u hunny beleave me xo even the mom weres my water bottle.. bottom shelf in fridge... were?? again.... were its right there in the front its like she opens the door and just stares into the unknown..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• LMAO...tabbys you cracked me up on how you explained that one...its like its so funny because I go through the same thing.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Its not just the the 9 year old boys. I asked my 9 year old daughter to put my load of clothes in the dryer for me while I was making dinner. I found out a couple hours later that that was just what she did, and when I ask her about it she just looks at me like "well you didn't say turn it on".
    mrsnoble2004

Answer by mrsnoble2004 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• That would be my 10 year old son. Just yesterday I asked if he'd seen my purse he said no. My 4yr old says yor sitting on the straps. It was right next to him on the couch.

sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 1:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yeah he's almost 11 and my daughter does it too, it's because they weren't paying attention in the first place. It drives me nuts!!! Sometimes my daughter will even bring me a totally different object and go, "what?"
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• trust me its a guy thing (all ages) I have three boys and one overgrown boy and they all do the same thing.
    momma_4_kids

Answer by momma_4_kids at 7:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• lol... yeah it is a boy thing.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Did I type this earlier? Or wait, you have the same problem too!
    I ask my son for something and he'll go into said room and come back,"What was I supposed to get?" Or When I asked him tonight to get me a can of pop out of the fridge, he opened the fridge ans stood there, then looked at me and said," Where is it?" The whole case was sitting right on the shelf at his eye level.....
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No, our 9 year old Son does it sometimes too. Rarely, but it's still annoying.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009