iam pregnant and have a cramp in my leg and butt on my right side.

Iam preg and have a cramp in my leg and butt on my right side please help~~

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor and tell them exactly that. I don't want to alarm you and hopefully it isn't anything serious but in a worst case scenario it could be a blood cloth and that is really serious. It could be nothing also but I think that calling your doctor is the sensible thing to do.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It could be sciatica. I've dealt with that with my last pregnancy and this one too. You could see a physical therapist, but what I've found to help is yoga and pilates because it stretches you out and makes the pain a lot more tolerable. Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had through mmy entire PG I wouln't worry about it! When you are havin the leg cramps eat bananas and take a warm bath and the pain in your back is prob your nerve. this all sucks but hand in there.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree with julipickle2; sciatica.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 1:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had this with Amelia's pregnancy-the chiropractor helped mine! Its sciatica.
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 2:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• are you drinking enough water? make sure you're hydrated and try adding things a little higher in potassium into your diet to prevent further cramps. as for now, press the center of the cramp with your strongest finger for about 30 seconds, then massage the area that's bothering you. this should relieve the cramp. if the cramp doesn't go away or gets worse, call your doc and see if there's anything else they can come up with.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009