Should I have taken the money?

Sometimes I babysit at night for this lady I know. Usually from 10-2 for 30 dollars. If she is late she will give me 40. Well last night she came home drunk so her boyfriend paid me. He asked how much and I told him but he gave me 60. I tried to tell it was too much but he wouldn't take it back. Now I feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• YOu shouldnt feel bad at all woman! Consider it a tip!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• it was a tip, they appreciated what you did and that you're reliable take it as a compliment. =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You did nothing wrong and shouldn't feel bad. You told him how much it was and he chose to pay you more. Perhaps he chose to pay you more because he didn't think it was enough or was embarassed that you had to see his GF drunk? lol. Either way, it was his decision. He probably thought he was being nice by giving you more than normal! Take it and keep it girl!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Keep that money! You earned it! SHe is getting you to babysit for her for a very reasonable price anyways, and if you do it alot for her, you deserve a nce tip from time to time. Don't feel bad!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wouldnt feel bad about it. I would have just said Oh thank you very much, and gone on about my business. Why feel bad about something someone is giving you. If she was drunk she has money to pay you a lil more for watching her kids while she gets that way.
    amanda350

Answer by amanda350 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I've been overpaid esp when the parents come home slighlty inhebriated. Just be glad and hope next time the bf pays again.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wouldnt feel bad if you tried to tell him! You got a bonus! good for you! Caring for a child isnt the eaisest job in the world...but the most rewarding!!! :)
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009