What should I do???

I'm wondering if I should should just get full custody of my daughter and change her name and get a restraining order against her dad because its like he never tries to see her or anything. He don't ask about her or how shes doing. I know he doesn't care about her because he didn't even want her in the first place because he wanted me to get an abortion when I was already 3 mos pregnant! I didn't have the heart to though so I didn't and just kept her anyways. I don't regret it either. I feel like he was the mistake not my daughterbecause he left me a week after she was born. Should I? Would it be the right thing to do? He's seen her maybe 10 times since she was born and she's almost 20 mos.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I would contact an attorney. If that is how he feels, he may be willing to dissolve all rights in exchange for not paying any child support. Good luck.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well you probably will not be able to get a restraining order that usually just for threats, abuse ect. You could however hire an attorney and get full cutody and ask that his rights be terminated. Sometimes its really simple and sometimes not the judge will want to know if you can financially support her without help before he decides otherwise he is going to say no because he needs to pay child support.Each state has diffrent laws you will have to see an attorney.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• well first of all the name change thing you can try but if he fights it he has the right to make her keep the last name (that happened with me when i was born) second, if you feel he doesnt want to see her and he makes no effort and if thats the case he most likely wont fight you in a custody battle so go for it! good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• lol no I meant her last name because she has his but I don't want her to have it and I've already filed him for child support.
    Anonymous

• oh ha ha my bad. okay
    Anonymous

• You probably don't need to do any of that. He doesn't want to be around now, so most likely it will be the same later on in her life. I wouldn't worry about him. what's up with loser dads anyway
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• What I'm worried about that one day he'll come and try to take my daughter though because he seems ike he would do something like that.
    Anonymous

• If there is no custody in place and he is the father youre right he could just take her one day if there is no order in place.
    Anonymous

• dang girl, are you sure we dont have kids by the same man?...lol...my dd's father is the same way. Feb 17th was a year ago that he has not seen or called about her. He didnt even see her until she was a week old, and when I told him I was pregnant he told me he didnt need anymore kids so i should have and abortion, of course that was never an option to me, but he's willing to give up his rights to her to my husband whom has loved and taken care of her since she was 2 months old, now we are just trying to get together the 2500.00 its gonna take to do all of this, and of course with no help from him. we went to court for child support and the lady asked him if thats what he really wanted to do and he said "yes, you have no idea how bad I want to", I was like you SOB, but its his loss not hers..she has a mom and a dad that love her more then life. You do what you feel is best for your child.
    amanda350

Answer by amanda350 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i was 18 my daughters biological father was 30..He got me preggo and dumped me as soon as soon as he got some! i sent word i was preggo and he sent me 100$ and told me to abort!! i tore up the check and never spoke to him agian! she was the best thing that came from a bad situation. He has never seen her ever.I married a few years after she was born and she calls my husband daddy she s 13 now and putting things together she has a diffrent last name and she has dark curly hair and hazel eyes where as her brothers are blond and blue eyed!! We done better than the sperm doner he s still a loser driving a pick-up truck around the local college looking for young dummy's like me! You can do better for yourself too Dont let this man jerk you around there is a wonderful fullfilling life awaiting you
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 2:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009