What type of items do you register for when having a wedding?

I'm so confused what to ask for. I see people asking for all this expensive furniture, but my family isn't rich && all our friends just party all the time && don't have jobs. Is there any even point for me to make one?

Blueberryplz

Asked by Blueberryplz at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, some people save for wedding gifts. My friend got some silver flatware that cost 190 bucks and it was a gift from her hubby's poor family. Register for household items you will need to have all the basics. Add a few things you just like but I would mostly put things you actually need.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't know. I am not going to do one of those because too many people just do that for free gifts and money. If people wanna donate money then fine, if not that' s fine to. I never give a gift when i go to a wedding anyways. screw em, i just want free food
    Anonymous

• When my husband and I got engaged we had no kids, house(we both still lived with our parents), so if that is your situation it will probably be best to throw a household shower where you get pots, pans, and pretty much everything you would need to set up house.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009