• In the Spotlight:

For those who suffer with Hypothyroidism

What do you do to gain energy when you need it, but yet you have none??

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 1:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• Are you on one of the medications? If so which one? When was the last time you saw your doctor? I have been Hyperthyroidism for "entire" life basically. Kind of an expert now on either side. It runs rampent in my family. 2 other sisters are now Hypo. If you are on one of the generics other than Synthroid, this cld be a cause. Any specialist will tell you and prescribe only "brand". THe generics really do not work well.
    PM me for more details. I have had it since I was 5 yrs old.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• have you been diagnosed with this. are you on meds. Thyroid problems are sometimes the result of toxic overload. take a look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily  message me if i can share more.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in March of 2008 so a year ago..and I was on Levothyroxine (?) for a while..but then my medical insurance ran out..I've been trying to get back on some..so I haven't taken my medicine in a while..and I doubt it'll have an effect on me any more when I start back up on it again since I read online you shouldn't really start and stop it.. :/
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 3:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009