I went to my doctor appointment today and my doc told me that the babys head was low that she could feel it with her fingers. Im 29 weeks preg,she said that my cervics were still thick though. She put me on half word days, I cant afford to not work right now and all i do is sit at a desk dont really see how its hurting things, would it be wrong of me to not follow my doctors orders and keep working also why is she worried about the head being low if my cervics are good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 29 weeks is 11 weeks before the more typical full term week. If you don't follow her orders you could end up hospitalized and putting baby at more of a risk. Since you sit at a desk can you work from home, phones are cordless and there are laptop computer and tables that fit over bellys. Keep baby and yourself safe, ask your doctor questions!!! ask your company questions!!!
    Anonymous

• did you explain to your docotr you sit at a desk all day, if you did and she still tells you to work half days you really need to listen to your docotor.
    Anonymous

• because sitting all day is forcing more pressure onto the cervix. this will cause it to shorten thin and dialate. You do not want a premature baby. Listen to your doctor and apply for wIC or medicaid to help with the medical bills. Your doctor can admit you to the hospital and force your bed rest. Hope you don't need to decide between your job and your baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Even sitting is a problem because gravity is pushing down on the baby. If you possibly could, see if you could work in a reclining position. Ask your doctor about the financial problem. Maybe you can get assistance right now - disability maybe. Good luck. Would you please post a followup so we know how you are doing?

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I gave birth to a premature baby boy 6 weeks early and he had to stay in NICU for 2 weeks. That early their lungs may not be developed or may even have the same thing my son did, he couldn't keep his temp or eat. Every baby is different but that early I would listen to the doctor and try to keep the baby in as long as you can without putting yourself or the baby into stress.

I would mainly talk to your doctor about this, most of us on here are not doctors and the best advice is from a doctor especially your own.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 2:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009