sick of being walked on...

my SO and i live together, we have a 10 month old daughter and love her with everything we have. he is an amazing father. he was working full time on 3rd shift for about a year and a half and recently got laid off. so now that hes not working it's been extremely hard on us because me and our daughter are on a 1st shift schedule and he's on a 3rd shift. it didnt bother me when he was working but now that hes not it's drives me nuts. he stays up allll night playing video games, going out with his friends...pretty much whatever he pleases while im home sleeping because i have to get up with our daughter, clean the house, go to school, etc. he said he's "trying" to get back on a first shift schedule but i dont think he is at all. im pretty sure he's loving it being able to go out all night and STILL get to sleep all day. i feel like im a single parent and i talk to him about it and he ignores me. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him to grow up, or you are leaving...that's what I'd do anyway.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think you have every reason to be mad. It sounds like he's not being very respectful either. Going out all night partying and leaving you home day and night to handle your child is not being a very good parent. He needs to grow up. If he were working it would be a different story. But he's not so he should be taking on some of the responsibility of raising your child that you have TOGETHER..good luck
    amanda350

Answer by amanda350 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I can tell you this much...My X husband work the 3rd shift too...He is a police officer..
    On his days off I so wanted him to be with us...but it was very hard for him...
    He was awake when we were sleeping and vice versa..
    I would give your BF alittle time...see if he is really trying to do this..
    If not then he is happy where he is, unfortunalty you are not happy..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'd slap some sense into him. Literally. You dont deserve to be treated that way, noone does. And if it was me in that situation would put a stop to it at once. Tell him how it is.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 1:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• sounds like something my cousin had to go through. They were in an accident dec of 07 he coudlnt work and got disability. He was bannged up but he could have went to work sooner but lawyer and dr said he shouldnt go back but he had to go back this jan or lose his job anyways she had to have 3 jobs all part time to pay bills so she wasnt home.He didnt even cook the kids dinner she would come home and the house would be filthy so she had to do it she asked him to help he didnt. He would stay up all night playing computer games too When he started work and got his money for the wreck he lefy and moved in with some girl he had been talking to online I guess he wasnt playing video games. You should put your foot down telling him how much stress this is causing. If he dosent you have some choices to make.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Your SO is childish and inconsiderate...now that thats out on the table, what do you plan to do about it? You can tell him this but will he listen? You can show him that you mean business by taking on the roll of everything but what will it do to you? Stress you out...have you feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, right? until he's ready to be a helpmate, this is the best you'll get out of him...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 5:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009