Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get my hubby's ex sticky fingers off my money?

Ok so lets make this as short as possible: I need help. My hubby's ex is never satisfied, she says if we have money to pay the rent then she is not getting enough... omg... yup.. okay so i have had to leave my little bundle of joy at home with grandma so i can help pay the bills, mind you my little one was bearly two months when i had to do this. I am not greedy i just want to be able to pay the bills and feed my baby, but she says although we are already paying for : (rent, food, child care, and meds) it is not enough for her. Can someone please recomend what to do?.. hubby says he is almost ready to move to iceland just so he can send the payments and get all the extras off our backs.. but i dont want him to not be able to see his kids. Honestly i love his kids, but its not like they are ever gonna thank him for almost living under a bridge because she does not want to work!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • I suggest he gets an attorney so child support can be negotiated. Why isn't she working? Only reason I see her not working is if her children are not school age.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • It does not make sense..why does he have to give her money anyway..Yes go get a court order and have everything done through the courts..Just because you can pay the rent has nothing to do with nothing..One word of advice..seperate your accounts...make sure that he is paying half of everything..If not she can boo hoo to the judge saying that you are supporting him...bla bla..
    She can not take his kids away from him...go get a court order..don't sit on this, it is too important

    Answer by Dannee at 2:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • The child support is set up to the states guidelines. He dosent have to send her anything extra. If the mom isnt working it dosent matter the judge will put iin her income as making minimum wage full time. My ex husbands 3rd wife thinks the child support he pays is astronomical but it is based on his income. He did take me back for modification but they ended up raising it 200 more dollars. Then he doubled his income a year after and didnt report the changes. I didnt take him back then although I could have. He since lost the job and is making what he did make before. I would say no more extras just child support... My ex sends no extras not even gifts but I am okay with that. I would never ask for extra just what he owes. Just some info Iceland is expensive so if yo uare already struggling and dont have a good job lined up it probably wouldnt be a good idea notto mention it wouldnt be fair to the kids.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Oh and your income will not matter one bit to the judge even if you were supporting him that is your money believe me I have been through the courts a few times for work and personal.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Get a court order for child support, and then just refuse to give her anything extra.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 2:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • He does not need to pay for anything beyond what is ordered in the parenting plan / custody order. Anything beyond that is legally considered a GIFT TO THE EX. It's not even legally considered going to the kids. As long as he's giving her the money he's ordered to then he's giving enough.

    She can yell and scream as much as she wants (believe me, my husband's ex does the same thing) but you guys don't have to give her a dime more than your husband is required. You husband can walk away or hang up on her once she starts talking about more money. Eventually she will back off, mostly. My husband had to really put his foot down, a lot, but it helped because she doesn't come at him screaming for money anymore. Not to say that she doesn't still try to get money out of him but at least she doesn't scream and demand. (Knock on wood that it stays this way! lol)

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
e series savings bonds

Next question overall (Health)
Bad headaches and Migraines