Did the doctor adress enough?? I'm not sure I don't need to go see another doctor... today.

I went to my dr. this morning (ear, nose & throat). He said I have a BAD sinus infection and prescribed Levaquin. BUT, I also have a bad, raspy and painful cough, with pain in my chest, across both clavicles and under my shoulder blades, and am coughing up green sputum. Shouldn't he have checked me for bronchitis, or given me something for this cough?? We're having a bad strain of crud going around. So all in all, I have sinus headache, drainage down my throat, sore throat, stuffed-up nose (although only one side at a time), the cough, the pain across the clavicles and back, my body hurts ( legs feel like the bones are aching). I'm thinking, although I appreciate him as a dr. maybe I should go see a regular MD .... because I feel like the chest really needs to be addressed. The ear, nose and throat guy just addressed the sinuses and said the rest was drainage. That don't sound right to me. What do you think?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 2:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• I just went through all that just recently. THe chest issue is probably Bronchitis, which I had. They prescribed me and inhaler, and I used a nebulizer. The breathing treatments really gave me relief. You may be sore from coughing, or its just body aches, because I was sooooo sore everywhere. He also gave me cheratussin, which is Robotussin with Coedine. But I stuck with Dayquil and Nightquil which helped alot! I hope this is helpful for you. It just seems that you have a huge infection going on that spread. Just take it easy and it should go away with rest.
    princesslbc83

Answer by princesslbc83 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009