Baby's first word

At what age did your baby say his(her) first word? What was it? How did you feel? Did baby say that word hundreds of times a day from then on?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 9 months and she says num num when she eats. I think she knows she's saying it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My son said Mama at 7 months and from there said many words within a few months. And full sentences by 1. Paragraphs by 18 months. Still talks non stop.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My son said Dada at 7 months ONE time and then didn't say another word til he was 11 months old and that was STIR STIR STIR cause he loves to help cook - but he was never a big babbler as a baby either, not sure if that relates or not - he's almost 17 months now and says about 40 words - probably 8 that anyone else could understand but he's still not one to talk talk talk like some mom's talk about
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My daughter is going to be 9 months tomorrow. She says hi, mama,and dada constantly. I love it!!!!!
    MomLuvsTrin

Answer by MomLuvsTrin at 9:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my DD was 4 months and she said HI and only 2 times since then. I was so happy then i didn't think she said it cause her age but her dr said it is a good chance. since then she now at 6 1/2 months says dada (her fav), night night, mama, and baba.
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 10:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009