will you have other baby if the money is really thight?

if you really want other baby, but you know your family is already leaving pay check to pay check, it is fair for the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not try to have a baby, but if I find out I was about to have a baby I would keep it.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't know ,when I had my second,we were living paycheck to paycheck,we just learned where we could cut back,and kids don't need all the expensive things in life,nothing wrong with thrift shops,garage sales etc.you can always make it work. Good luck.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When I had my first child money was tight and we made it just fine. When I had my second we were financiallly stable but shortly after I got very sick and had to quit my job. We went from a two paycheck household to a one paycheck household, but once again we made it through. We just learned how to budget differently.
    Anonymous

• Yes!!! we are living pay check to pay check, but we are ttc, if you wait to have a baby when you can afford it, no one would ever have a baby.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't think it matters. in hawaii it's really hard not to live like that. i think you just need to keep in mind what your are spending. As long as you aren't working 24/7 and have time to spend to raise your child I don't think money matters as much.
    robibaby

Answer by robibaby at 3:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Everyone I know lives paycheck to paycheck. If people waited til they could afford to have kids, everyone would still be waiting. My family and I live paycheck to paycheck and are working on #2 now. If I wait any longer to have another one, I won't do it. I'm staring 30 in the face and in the words of Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapons movies, 'I'm getting too old for this sh*t'. LOL Meaning the pregnancy, labor and delivery. Not the parenthood thing.
    BarrMama

Answer by BarrMama at 4:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My husband and I were only 21 and 22 when we had our first child, living off of $10 and hr. full time. I wasnt working so we were only bringing in $400 a week. Of course we had to get on Medicaid towards the end cause my husband lost his insurance but our son was completly planned. We did just fine and we payed for our own apartment and food. Having a baby shower helped us out alot though. People new that we were young and didnt have alot of money so they bought us all the big and expensive things and some small stuff too. We still live pay check to pay check and will be like this for a while or atleas the next 4 or 5 yrs. We got our insurrance back and were taking fertility drugs for baby #2. My doctor is wonderful, I never have to pay her everything up front and she even knocks the prices way down for me. You cant sit around waiting for things to happen in life, its way too short. You make do with what you have. Gl!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I dont think it is a matter of fairness. as long as the baby is taken care of that is the only fairness thing that could happen. but to answer your question, no i wouldnt TRY to have another one, but if it would happen i would be happy and do my best to make things work!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009