Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friend wants to deny real father of her baby COMPLETELY, even though he is a great guy.

She broke up with her old boyfriend, found a new boyfriend, got pregnant, and now wants to get back with her OLD boyfriend & raise the baby with him. She wants to put her OLD boyfriend on the birth certificate as the real father, even though he is not. The actual father of the baby is a GREAT guy & honestly made a mistake messing with this woman. She used him, got pregnant, then spit him out. Now she is lying to him & telling him that he is not the father (when everyone knows he is). He is heart broken & wants to be a part of this child's life. Can he take her to court even if his name is NOT on the birth certificate to try and get visitation rights? Can he demand a paternity test?

Answer Question

Asked by samurai_chica at 2:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 35 (74,081 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • He can get a paternity test ordered.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • He can petition the court for paternity. I know she is your friend but it's best if you keep out of it or you may lose her.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • He would have to get a paternity test to prove it, then go from there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • yes he can..if he believs hes the father he has every right to get a paternity tests done

    Answer by alexis_06 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • thanks! I'm not really meddling in, just keeping an ear open while gasping at the same time. I just had no idea i would ever know someone this stupid (she is SO book smart but has NO common sense). I'm just curious, i just hope there is something the real dad can do to be a part of his child's life. It breaks my heart.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 2:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Yes he can! I would say who cares if you lose her as a friend thats not the kind of friend I would want. That is so sad she wants to deny he is father if he is! Just wait it wont work between her and this guy and she will be back looking for child support or something else its best if he consults with an attorney and serve her with papers when the baby is born.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • you know I already seriously wondered if i wanted a friend like that. She  showing incredible white trash behavior, when she asks me what to do, I tell her my opinion & she gets mad & wont talk to me for a few weeks. I'm going to just leave her be for now. I'll be here when she needs an ear i guess.


    Answer by samurai_chica at 2:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • My husband is on my son's birth certificte but is not is biological father (my son was nine months when we met, no baby mama drama here! LoL) But we did it so that my ex would have a harder time trying to get any sort of visitation/custudy. When we can afford it, my husband is going to adopt my son.

    Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Yes!

    Answer by Deb_Jones at 6:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.